Resident Screening Criteria
RENTAL HISTORY: A minimum of 24 months of rental history may be verified on present and previous residences. Following are reasons for denial of housing at Hybrook Townhomes.
- A history of disturbance of neighbors, destruction of property or living and housekeeping habits which adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of other residents;
- A history of violence to person(s), or property in the past five years;
- A history of nonpayment of rent or an Eviction(s);
- A history of nonpayment or unpaid financial obligations within the previous 12 months.
REASONS FOR DENIAL OF HOUSING:
- An incomplete application that was not made complete in the time frame required;
- Applicants do not meet Minimum Income requirements. Total gross household income must be at least two and one half (2.5) times the rent amount per month, except when the household has verifiable assets meeting the income requirement, or the applicant has approved housing assistance;
- False statements, either orally, or in writing;
- Utility bills that are in collection and unpaid – or they must be paid prior to application approval and move in;
- CRIMINAL HISTORY: A history of criminal activity involving crimes of physical violence to persons or property or other criminal acts which adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of themselves, other residents or the viability of the apartment community, this includes, but is not limited to the possession, sale or use of illegal substances, and/or
- At any time, have had a conviction or deferred adjudication for a felony;
- At any time, have had a conviction or deferred adjudication for a misdemeanor sex related crime;
- Within the past ten years, have had a conviction, deferred adjudication, or open warrant that is a misdemeanor drug related crime or one that involves violence against a person or property;
- Convictions, deferred and or adjudicated within the past five (5) years will be reviewed by management on a case by case basis;
- A household that consists of one or more full time students, that does not meet an approved exception (IRC, Sect. 42(i)(3)(D.) (Tax Credit Households Only).
THESE REQUIREMENTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION THAT RESIDENTS AND/OR OCCUPANTS CURRENTLY RESIDING AT THE COMMUNITY QUALIFY UNDER THE ABOVE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CRITERIA.
CREDIT HISTORY: An unsatisfactory credit report may disqualify an applicant from renting an apartment at Hybrook Townhomes. An unsatisfactory credit report is one that reflects past or current bad debts, late payments or unpaid bills, liens, judgments or bankruptcies. If an applicant is rejected for poor credit history, the applicant will be given the name, address and telephone number of the credit reporting agency that provided the credit report (but will not be told the content of the credit report. An applicant rejected for unsatisfactory credit is encouraged to obtain a copy of the credit report from the credit reporting agency, correct any erroneous information that may be on the report, and may resubmit an application to this community if contacted from the current waiting list.
INCOME: Applicants must have a gross income source that can be verified and is between two and one half (2.5) and three (3) times the monthly rental amount of the apartment being leased. Acceptable income verification may include third party written verification of employment, 3 months of consecutive pay stubs, bank records, or bank assets equal to six months’. Self-employed applicants may be required to supply the most recent tax return, current business plan, or certified verification from their company accountant or bank.
EVALUATION: Management evaluates the above information and weighs the indicators of future rent payment performance. Applicants will be notified of management’s decision to accept or deny the Application for Residency in a timely manner following receipt of a “complete” application.
CO-SIGNERS: In the event a co-signer is required he/she must complete an Application for Residency, meet all the Resident Selection Criteria, prove income of at least five (5) times the monthly rent amount and sign the Co-Signer’s Agreement. A co-signer will be fully responsible for the Lease Agreement if the occupying resident(s) defaults.